Johns Manville Micro-Aire® duct board is used to fabricate ducts for commercial and residential construction and delivers excellent acoustical and thermal performance. It is produced using our dedicated manufacturing process that results in increased product consistency for efficient fabrication. Micro-Aire's flexibility and design saves contractors weight and cost. In addition, installed Micro-Aire® has less air leakage compared to metal ducts, which provides building occupants with more consistent temperatures, improved comfort and energy efficiency.
JM Micro-Aire® Mat Faced Duct Board, Black/Silver/White/Yellow, 250 deg F, 120 in Length, 48 in Width, 1 in Thickness, Rigid Flexible/Rigid, 1760 sq-ft Coverage Area
- Durable airstream surface, Micro-Aire® exhibits superior toughness compared to standard fiber glass duct board, it provides increased resistance to damage that can occur from in shop handling, fabrication, jobsite shipping and installation
- Low resistance to air flow, Micro-Aire® duct board has a smooth interior surface that offers minimal resistance to air flow
- Quiet operation, fabricated Micro-Aire® duct systems noticeably decrease the audibility of crosstalk, equipment noise and eliminate the sounds associated with the expansion and contraction of sheet metal duct systems
- The airstream surface of Micro-Aire® duct board is treated with an antimicrobial agent specifically registered with the EPA for HVAC applications to resist potential growth of fungus or bacteria on the airstream surface
- Cleanability, if cleaning is necessary, the airstream surface may be cleaned using standard industry recognized dry methods
- Friendlier Feel, the smooth mat facing creates a friendlier surface for fabrication and installation and reduces exposure to normal construction dust